International Coordinating Committee
of National Human Rights Institutions (ICC)
All Documents are in PDF format
Download Acrobat Reader
- Ms. Katharina Rose is the ICC (International Co-ordinating Committee of National Institutions for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights) a.i. representative in Geneva. She participates actively in the Human Rights Council sessions as well as in the UN Human Rights Treaty bodies on behalf of the ICC Chair and A status institutions.
- Sub-Committee on Accreditation of the ICC: Following the Sub-Committee on Accreditation of the International Coordinating Committee of NHRIs meeting which took place on 22-26 October 2007, the Sub-Committee informed by letter concerned institutions about the outcome of the accreditation reviews including specific recommendations for ensuring full compliance with the Paris Principles (the death line to appeal for the NHRIs is the 30th November, no reply will be considered as acceptance). The ICC voting members will be then asked to review and approve the report within 10 days i.e. by 10 December.
- Universal Periodic Review: The first round of the Universal Periodic Review mechanism will take place from 7-18 April 2008. National human rights institutions may submit information for consideration and inclusion by OHCHR in the summary of stakeholders' information (which is one of the 3 documents based upon which the UPR review will take place). The deadline for submission of information is 20 November 2007. Countries to be reviewed in the first round include Bahrain, Ecuador, Tunisia, Morocco, Indonesia, Finland, United Kingdom, India, Brazil, Philippines, Algeria, Poland, Netherlands, South Africa, Czech Republic, Argentina.
ICC Agenda / meetings
- Information note to National Institutions
- ICC Agenda
- Members / Chairperson / Vice-Chairperson
ICC Sub-Committee on Accreditation
Statements of the High Commissioner for Human Rights to the ICC meetings